TR3 Energy Inc.
Reverse Osmosis Process
TR3 Energy Inc. has improved upon and expanded the capabilities of the water treatment system known as the Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Process© .
Normal osmosis is the process by which a salt concentration naturally diffuses into a solution through a membrane. Reverse osmosis is a process of forcing salt water from a region of high salt concentration through a membrane to a region of low salt concentration by applying a pressure in excess of this natural osmotic pressure. In most cases the membrane is designed to allow only water to pass through this dense layer while preventing the passage of solutes (such as salt ions) and is thus termed a semipermeable membrane. Most of the separation occurs within the membranes which are composed of a dense barrier layer created within a polymer matrix. This process requires that a high pressure be exerted on the high concentration side of the membrane, (30 to 250psi) for fresh and brackish water, (600 to 1000psi) for seawater.
Benefits of the TR3 Reverse Osmosis Process©
- Portable, modular, self powered, electronically monitored
- Adaptable to multiple situations and environments
- Pre-filters dissolved hydrocarbons, silt and algae
- Ability to treat up to 25,000 gallons/60,000 litres per day
- 50%-%80 recovery of clean water depending on contamination.
- Easy disposal and reduced volume ( up to 1/3 ) of removed contaminates
- Highly cost effective