TR3 Energy Inc.
In an effort to enhance current water treatment options for brackish water TR3 has enhanced the Capacitive De-ionization Water Treatment Process© .
Capacitive de-ionization utilizes an electrostatic, high surface area electrode assembly to remove contaminates from water. The process applies a low voltage( only 1 volt ) to a low pressure( 1 psi ) flow of brackish water. Any ions in the flow, such as salts, nitrate, ammonia, arsenic and metals, are attracted to the charged electrodes and removed from the flow. When the electrode capacity is exhausted, the flow is diverted to a separate, concentrated solution tank, the electrode charge is reversed, and the salts are purged. The electrode polarity is then reversed again and treatment can continue.
Our present unit has included modifications such as automation, prefiltration, multicell technology and electronic monitoring which allows us to increase treatable volumes, cost effectivness and filtration efficiencies. We continue to constantly improve and upgrade this system and its benefits to environmental restoration of contaminated water.
Benefits of the TR3 Capacitive De-ionization Process©
- Portable, modular, self powered, electronically monitored
- Adaptable to multiple situations and environments
- Pre-filters dissolved hydrocarbons, silt and algae
- Ability to treat from 20,000-40,000 gallons/100,000 litres per day
- Nearly an 80% recovery of clean water.
- Removes salts, nitrate, ammonia, arsenic, and metals
- Potential restoration to Canadian Potable Water Criteria
- Easy disposal and reduced volume of removed contaminates
- Highly cost effective